Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Library Loot

Library Loot is a weekly event hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they've checked out from the library. If you'd like to participate too, just write up a post - feel free to steal the button - and link it using Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course, check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

Head over to Marg's blog for the Mr. Linky.

I've stopped borrowing books for the rest of the year because I have so much to catch up on, but here are the last three that I picked up.


Tempted by PC Cast and Kristin Cast
I read this one already. There are 20+ holds on it so I wanted to hurry up and get it back to the library really quickly. It's the 6th in the House of Night series that my best friend and I are reading.




1000 Vegetarian Recipes because while I'm not fully vegetarian this has been the easiest way to find a huge assortment of recipes full of fruits and vegetables.

I also found a little soups and stews cookbook but I can't find it on Amazon or anywhere else to link to it. This is the perfect season for soup. Yum!

3 comments:

Eva said...

I keep telling myself I need to stop borrowing books for the same reason...but then I find another one I just have to put on hold. 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes was the cookbook I bought when I went veggie! It's awesome; a really good resource. :D

Jacqui said...

I was looking at this one and How to Cook Everything Vegetarian in the bookstore a few months ago and my mom recommended I go with the second one because it starts with basics and offers options for how to adapt each recipe with different ingredients.

So now I'm looking at this one and I'll probably buy it, So far, everything looks really good. I just need to try a bunch of the recipes and see how I like working with it.

Marg said...

hmm, you just reminded me that I still have at least one of the Cast books to read. Off to check the library catalogue.

Enjoy your loot!