Sunday, April 19, 2009

LM Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

The second book in the Anne series. This one has Anne helping Marilla raise the twins she is temporarily taking care of, which gives the reader a chance to really see how much Anne has grown since the beginning of the first book. Davy is troublesome, and he asks all kinds of questions that Marilla doesn't know how to answer. So Anne helps with a lot of this. He also wins over their hearts pretty quickly. Anne is also teaching at the Avonlea school and has created (with the help of friends) the Avonlea Village Improvement Society (AVIS).

I really liked this one, probably because I could relate to Anne more than I could in the first one. I'm glad I waited until later to read this one, and I definitely want to keep reading. Next is: Anne goes to Redmond!

No comments: